Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Great Outdoors (again!)

So long to the days of blogging exclusively about our garden. So long to the monotony of hearing about garden destruction. So long to the days of Greg sometimes writing posts:P

We have entered the time of outdoor blog posts!

Last Friday we finally got down to the river and did some canoeing! I was super excited to get back on the river. I hadn't had a Ledyard Canoe Club membership for the last summer or maybe two, so it is good to have my canoe-renting-powers returned to me. Hopefully before the summer is up there will be an opportunity for camping on the island to make this membership really worth it.

We took out the lovely "O Be Joyful" since my favorite canoe was nowhere to be seen. It was a good choice.



I liked matching the canoe, both in color, and state of joyfulness.

I made Greg do the steering.



I figured it would be a great opportunity to give him some practice, plus I was feeling lazy. First he chased down these ducks for us:



Then he paddled us right near a place where a Great Blue Heron was hiding out. It started squacking and flew out and away from us. I don't think I've ever been so close to one of those guys before. Here was his new hiding spot:



Then I took some pictures of these lily pads. I promise I was helping to canoe at some points during this trip.





Fun times in the canoe!

1 comment:

  1. i think that was the same canoe somebody had during the one time we all camped on the island. was it the one that Sarah and I had? or maybe Beth and Brian. Cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete